Sunday, October 23, 2011

The Volley Balls

I was hoping to post this on Friday evening, but alas, here it is, Sunday evening, and I'm glad I waited. I was hoping to have a routine of posting every Friday, since, you know, Fancy Friday, but I don't think I care much anymore. I'll post probably twice a week, no absolute schedule though.
So why the volleyball? Well, Nick, Ryan, and I have been getting into the volleyball matches here at OSU. We went a couple weeks ago to a couple matches, against really good teams. And hell, we found it really interesting to watch. So now the three of us are making sure to make it to every single home game, and since we have been cheering on the girls quite hard (since the band and cheerleaders, and Benny were all missing due to being up North for the football game), we've decided to make a group name. The Volley Balls. We want to get other guys involved as well, to make it pretty epic, but I don't know who would want to join in. Hmmm, well, we'll figure something out. Anyways, we had two games this weekend, one against each Washington school. We lost to UW (they were ranked #7 in the nation) and then beat WSU in the 5th set for a really freaking awesome game. On the other hand, I was yelling so loud and for such prolonged periods of time during the game, that I completely lost my voice. Worth it.

On top of that, I also had a choir retreat/rehearsal all day Saturday, which was very exhausting. Two loud volleyball matches and 5 hours of singing = bad case for my voice. I was actually so tired after Saturday's game, that I didn't have the energy to do my yoga for the first day of my 4th week (recovery week). I meant to do it in the early morning, but I didn't fall asleep until 5 AM of Saturday morning and decided to get 4 hours of sleep and skip the yoga, rather than 2.5 hours with yoga. My sleeping schedule wasn't going so well, and then somehow ended up with a really crappy night for sleep. The good thing is that I HAD to wake up early for my retreat, or else I would have slept until 2 PM and would have screwed things up worse. Instead, I got 10 hours of sleep last night and am still tired, so sleeping should be alright for tonight. Also, due to the exhausting weekend, I wasn't able to make it to Keizer (well I could have, but chose to reschedule it to Tuesday), especially since I had to do laundry as well, so I decided I should just stick to one thing, and that was definitely the clean clothes (3 weeks since my last wash, definitely needed some clean clothes).

So now, it is technically the 2nd day of the 4th week, but will be doing my 1st day's workout, which is yoga. I missed yesterday as I mentioned, due to the long day, so I'll just be doing Days 1-6 of week 4 on the days 2-7 of my week, if that makes any sense. Friday is usually my rest day, so instead, I counted yesterday as my rest day, and will just continue on with life. However, if I end up with an easy workout in the morning and have lots of energy, I might do a double, since this is the recovery week, there's no weights. It's all plyometrics, kenpo, yoga, stretching, and core, so I'll just wing it. Maybe Kenpo and Stretching (respectively in that order) would be a good combination. And on a slight side note, I got some new work out clothes today. Was getting tired of sweating in cotton shirts all the time, and figured I could use a new pair or shorts for workouts, so I got some shorts and a nice light shirt.

Lastly, I can already feel differences with my body, since creating this blog. Minor differences, of course. First, although this technically started a couple weeks prior to the blog, but I have noticed a stronger definition of my chest and arms, and a bit of thinning in my body overall. But just in the last week, I've actually noticed my digestion system feeling much better. I'm positive that it's the extra fiber. My entire body feels much better than it used to, just with a healthier digestive system. Crazy stuff.

And with that, it's time for my yoga. Note, this was like, the only male picture, when I googled yoga.

Stay fancy.

No comments:

Post a Comment