Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Paradise

Paradise - Coldplay

What an amazing song. When I listen to this specific playlist, I always start off with this song; very relaxing. And so I start off this blog post whilst listening to Paradise and eating a few tortilla chips with salsa. Not the healthiest of snacks, but one of my guilty pleasures with food. But I limit myself by only serving myself a limited amount of salsa. Nonetheless, a bit of a relaxing moment right now.

You know, it wasn't until Friday that I realized it had been a little while since I had posted to the blog, and every time I was thinking of writing something up, I got busy with something, whether it be sporting events, working out, or reading (yes, reading). So here I am, writing this up just before heading to bed.

Nothing too special recently, UNLESS YOU WERE TO BRING UP THE FACT THAT I OWN MODERN WARFARE 3 AND THE FOURTH BOOK OF THE ERAGON SERIES, INHERITANCE. No big deal. The game is pretty awesome, and have spent around 12 hours on it or so. And I've actually spent more time reading my book than playing the game, surprisingly.  Over halfway through, actually about 5/8 through it right now. It's a pretty awesome book, and I love the whole series. But I will be a bit disappointed when it's all done. Oh well.

Still doing well with sweets and sugar. I still have the carton of OJ, meaning I haven't drank it all, and haven't had any sweets this month, so the juice has probably been the worst so far. I realized today, as I was craving a mocha from Dutch Bros, that alas, I couldn't get it. I could have gotten other coffee, without sugar, but come on, the only coffee I ever get are like mochas, which have chocolate in them, meaning sugar. Oh well. I feel better that I didn't end up getting one, as I wasn't even thinking about it having sugar in it prior to my realization. I will be glad when I can have the occasional sweet though, like dessert every so often, or a few M&Ms here and there, etc.

I got a bit behind in my workouts as well, just a couple of days, so I'm going to try to catch up, but I won't stress about it. Will only catch up on days that I have plenty of energy on. For instance, today should have been my rest day, but since I skipped a couple days, I ended up doing my 5th day of the week (Legs/Back) today. Tomorrow I'll do my Kenpo which would be my last workout of week 6, but I'll probably just go straight into week 7 - day 1 on Wednesday. And eventually, I might do a double workout, but like I said, only if I have the energy. Maybe combining my yoga with another workout for instance. Whatever I do, I plan on completing the end of my second month before November is over, just to make sure I'm not losing too much ground.

Time is flying by! Specifically about my workouts, but also the year in general. I can't believe I'm finishing up week 6 already, felt like just a few days ago I was in my recovery week (week 4). I'm about halfway done with the complete program! Now, I'm not stopping after the 90 days (13 weeks), but I will definitely feel accomplished after this first bit is done. I'm re-evaluating some of the workouts, and want to see what the 'Cardio video' is like. I may replace my Plyometrics with it, as I really need to work on getting my knee in better condition, and the constant jumping/squats/lunges in Plyo is getting hard on it. My legs workout is alright, because I need some work on legs, not getting bulkier, but specifically leaner. Hell, I can leg press around 800 pounds or so (I forget what I maxed at, I want to say 790 (just in added weights, the actual platform you push is about 45 pounds I think, pushing it over 800), because I think I added 16 - 45 pound weights and 2 - 35 pound weights), I have the power, but need endurance there still. Plus you can't neglect your legs.

And of course in general, Thanksgiving is coming up! I can't wait. I'm not sure why, as I usually don't get so giddy about Thanksgiving. But this year seems different. I miss Portland and home, more so than usual, which is odd. I think I'm mainly missing family and friends that aren't here at OSU. Oh well, will be soon enough. Lots of fooooood with family, my first dessert like food that I'll be able to have as well. Plus of course, good ol' Portland. I think a trip to Killer Burger is in order. Just because I'm trying to eat better doesn't mean I can't spoil myself every so often.
By the way, I want to formally advertise Killer Burger. By far, the best burgers I've ever eaten, and at a good price. And that's saying something, since I freaking love burgers. My favorites are the Epic and the Jose Mendoza. The Fatty Barnyard (double patty) is fantastic as well, if you're really hungry (we're talking about a couple pounds of food on that one though), and the Peanut Butter Pickle Bacon Burger is amazing as well. All burgers come with bacon too, so what's not to like? Well, sorry if you can't eat meat... But nonetheless!
God I want Killer Burger. When I go to Portland I either have to get Killer Burger, Du's Grill (awesome teriyaki place, hole in the wall kind of restaurant, ask me if you haven't heard of it), or sometimes, both.

Okay, I need to stop thinking about food.

Ladies and gentlemen - stay fancy.

2 comments:

  1. i love that you end a post about working out and eating healthy with a push for tasty burgers. nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course! But, I'm serious about my burgers. Just because I'm trying to lead a healthier life doesn't mean that I have to stop eating such wonderful delicacies.

    ReplyDelete