Monday, November 7, 2011

Remember Remember the Fifth of November...

Woops, a little late on the title.

So I've been wanting to type up this blog post all weekend, but honestly, have had no idea what to talk about. Guess I'm just going to cover what's been happening. I guess there is one thing I'll talk about though, so that's good.

Been working out as planned, never got around to doing my yoga on Friday night, so I did that yesterday morning, and then did my legs/back workout in the evening. Was a bit tired, but I managed to finish it all. Although I had to cut some of the difficult yoga out as I wasn't feeling well yesterday. Going to basically finish up my 5th week tonight with some Kenpo. Would have done it earlier, but I got pretty hungry and I'm now just waiting for the food to settle after replenishing my food supply. Tomorrow will be my rest day, which is technically the last of week 5, but tonight is my last workout of week 5. I have to say that I kind of like the change in weights this past week, just rearranging on which days I do which weights. Day 1 - Chest/Shoulders/Triceps and Day 3 - Back/Biceps. The C/S/T is a pretty hard workout, and the B/B workout definitely makes me push myself a lot from how I experienced things this week. Was a nice change from the usual stuff though.

I am proud to say that I've been pretty sugar free so far in the last week. Now, I have to confess I've had a little bit of Orange Juice, which I just realized is pretty damn sugary, but as long as I drink it in moderation, I'm okay with it. It's mainly sweets that I'm preventing, and just a general cut down and moderation of sugar. I really need to cut down on my late night snacking still, I've only down it a couple nights, but it's mainly because I end up doing a late workout, and need a few calories/carbs in my body, but then I start snacking, and I stay up because of it, making me go to sleep late. So, I'm going to try to limit what I eat after dinner. If it's a post-workout snack, but before bed, I'll just try to have a glass of chocolate milk, or maybe like, half a PB&J sandwich or something. Other than that, all I can say is that I've been getting plenty of cravings for fudge, peanut M&Ms, and strangely some pie today. Oh well, no problem, I can make it 24 more days...

Oh right, so what I was going to discuss. I'm going to be getting into a bit of isometric exercise on top of my pre-existing workouts. For those who don't know, isometric exercise is working your muscles, without any motion. Such as pushing against a wall for 5-10 seconds. Pros are that this type of exercise can greatly increase body strength and can help improve your weight lifting. It's also a bit easier in the sense that you aren't trying to match a certain weight for a certain number of repetitions, and it's also easy to simply put less effort into it (less strength or for a shorter period of time) if you don't have the energy/strength. Cons are that it doesn't work your muscles the way that lifting does. The isometric exercise only works the muscles in that particular position that you're in. And it can also increase blood pressure, but as long as you're not at risk of that, you're fine. I'm using the isometric exercise to help enhance my lifting, as well as general body strength. I came across a very cheap product that supports this type of exercise ($13 in total), very similar to the bull worker if you're at all familiar with it. I could do this type of exercise on my own with my weights, or the wall and tables, etc. But with this device I got (it's another infomercial thing, the Iso7x), there are a lot more ways to work your muslces, so it's mainly being used to give a variety of different isometric exercises that I can do for each muscle. Another good thing is that this is something I can do after a workout as I'm bringing my heart rate down. I can say, watch Youtube videos while doing this. Isometrics will NEVER take over my workout routines, but I'm wanting to use a variety of different exercises in my workout routine. It's kind of like aerobic and anaerobic exercise, you could do either, they have their different benefits, or you use a combination of the two for better results and a better workout program.
By the way, oh god does that commercial make me laugh. It's so stupid. Glad I got mine for only $13.

Ah finally, I'm excited about this week. November 8th, TWO amazing things come out in stores. Obviously, Modern Warfare 3 comes out, and I'll be buying it asap. I have a $50 giftcard for Target, so $10 for basically the game of the year? Hell yes. Secondly, something not many people would anticipate me being excited about it, is the FOURTH BOOK OF THE INHERITANCE CYCLE. Oh god yes, the 4th and final book. Background on this: The Inheritance Cycle is the name of the 4 part Eragon series. I've loved the series, and am very glad that after 8 or 9 years, I'm finally going to complete this. I anticipate that I know most of what will happen in the book, but oh well. And yes, a book that I actually will read, considering I don't read much for fun. November 8th will be a great day, although I probably won't get either on the 8th... But who cares! I will also get the Iso7x bar by the 8th (should at least), so I will start doing some Isometric exercises starting Tuesday.
Remember remember the fifth of November
Gunpowder, treason and plot.
I see no reason why gunpowder, treason
Should ever be forgot...

Remember remember, to stay fancy.

No comments:

Post a Comment