Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Day 3 - Lab Work

Almost a week late on this one, just never got around to it.

Spent the entire day working in the lab. Emily and I just analyzed fluorescein samples for 3 or 4 hours, which includes pouring some liquid from a vial into another type of vial (blanking on the name of it...), which we then put into a machine... A fluorometer? Something along those lines. It measures the concentration of the fluorescein to determine how much photodegradation occurred. Then we just input the data into the computer. Simple stuff, just took a while. The rest of the day consisted of making up more fluorescein and filling vials with it. Simple, but tedious.

Since it ended up being a short day, I decided to try out fishing at the lake. Well, I definitely caught some fish! I had never caught anything before, and I managed to catch a total of 7 rainbow trout in 3 hours. One even bit literally the second the hook hit the water; incredible. I don't have any pictures ready at the moment, but I took a picture of my first fish. All were pretty small, and one was small enough that I had to release it, but I ended up keeping 4 of them. Had a nice dinner that night. I ended up saving the other two to bring back to Corvallis for the 4th of July. Definitely a nice relaxing day.

Stay fancy.

No comments:

Post a Comment