Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Oh Dear Me; One Day Late

Oh woe is me, woe is me. I forgot to post on my blog last night. Whatever shall I do?! Meh, whatever. I was pretty tired so I called it a night early-ish. So here's my blog, a day late, but not a big problem.

So let's see, Saturday morning I went to Dixon (the gym/rec center on campus) to shoot hoops again with Nick, and let me say, I had a wonderful time. I bet you're wondering why it was wonderful. Well I weighed myself on a scale there, and found out something magnificient. First off, my scale at home is 5-10 pounds off (10 pounds as of checking today, but that was with a bit of food in my stomach, and when at Dixon, I had been shooting hoops for an hour, so possbily a bit of water loss). But I weighed in at 240 pounds, and the last time I weighed myself at home I was 255-260 (knowing the scale was a bit high), and now it tells me 250. BUT NONETHELESS, I now weigh 240 pounds as of Saturday at noon. Wonderful news that I actually weigh less than I thought, but I've already lost at least 5 pounds in the last two and a half weeks, and possibly up to 10 pounds (hard to tell, since I've weighed myself at different times on two different days). I'm making some great progress so far, and it's definitely exciting to notice the changes.

On Sunday, I went to the Civil War basketball game that was in Corvallis, and it was one of the best basketball games I've seen. Unfortunately, my Beavs lost by 1 point, but it was sure as hell fun to watch. I also went for my second run in early afternoon and it went really well. Same thing as I did for my first run (2 minute jog, 3 minute walk) and I took a similar route as well (included a hill, but I ended up walking up it this time, coincidently) - I ended up traveling 2.09 miles, which was an increase of 0.25 miles, which is nice. I actually ended up with an increase of energy on my very last jog, so I legitimately ran the last 2 minutes, which was awesome, really challenging myself; I was incredibly winded aftewards though. And on the topic of running, I then did my third run this morning, and it was tougher this time. But then again, it was raining the whole time, was quite chilly, and the second half of it (while heading South), I experienced a really strong head wind that really exhausted me. But I'm excited for Friday when I start up my second week.

I've been postponing a few of my P90X workouts, due to being busy or just too tired. I only have two more workouts to do, and I would have done one tonight, except that I came back home for the night, which I'll explain why in a second. I'll do them over the next two days, and then I'm free! I'm going to still be doing weights, but on my own schedule. I'll be doing a schedule similar to:

Day 1: Run
Day 2: Chest/Back or Chest/Shoulders/Triceps
Day 3: Run
Day 4: Shoulders/Arms or Back/Biceps
Day 5: Run
Day 6 + 7: Rest, however I might throw in yoga or stretching depending on the week and how I'm feeling.

I will also be visiting Dixon more often, to shoot hoops, but also to throw in some cardio on the bikes or other miscellanious exercise to change things up. If I run into a day with horrible weather and I can't make it out for a run, I might postpone the run, but throw in something 'cardio-esque' from the P90X workouts like Kenpo for instance. Or go to Dixon, as I mentioned before. And then once I'm done with my podcast series, I'll start doing my own runs on my own time, and probably more often. I also hope in the future to start some HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training), but that's a long ways away. Possibly a summer kind of thing.

Oh, and as I mentioned before, I came home for the night, and will be here until tomorrow afternoon. I have my interview at the Oregon Zoo in the morning, and wanted to be home the night prior, just so I didn't have to drive straight from Corvallis to the Zoo. While here, my dad and I tried Senor Taco in Lake Oswego (just up the hill from the Lake along Hwy 43) and it turned out to be AMAZING. And of course, cheap, to make it even better. I highly recommend it if you happen to be in Lake Oswego and want a quick, cheap, Mexican meal. Well anyways, I ought to be heading to bed so that I can be up, bright and early.

I'll make sure to be fancy tomorrow for my interview, I hope you keep it that way as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment