Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Phew, Almost Forgot

I was just about to head to bed, and remembered I had to write up this blog. Almost forgot, but got me right at the end of my night. However, I've been tired ALL day long, so I'm going to keep this brief, so I can get to sleep.

I didn't make it to Dixon on Sunday or Monday, as I had hoped, but I just didn't have enough energy at the times I'd prefer to go. But I was able to go today luckily. Was able to get a half court all to myself and just shoot hoops for a while. I was originally planning on doing some biking intervals when I first got there, but there was only 1 basketball left, so I thought I'd shoot first. But I ended up shooting for about 2 hours, so I was wiped, and went on home (at least I biked to and from the gym, getting a bit of biking in, but no intervals as I had hoped to do, for something a bit different). I'm hoping to improve my shot a lot by next year, as both Ryan and Nick want to play IM basketball with me being their center/forward. And well, yeah I'm only 6'0", maybe up to 6'1" with the right shoes, but I've got a lot of body mass, making me an inside kind of guy. So I literally, all 2 hours, just worked on my inside shots, and let me tell you, I improved on those kind of shots a lot in just that short amount of time. One problem is that I haven't played competitively in years and years, so a lot of my shots are without jumping (that are free throw or closer). But if I play on a team, up close especially, I'll need to jump to avoid getting blocked, so I was practicing close jump shots. I have to say, the first 10 shots or so I completely missed because I'd be overshooting, and then undershooting due to undercompensating for the jump. But I got in a nice rhythm finally, and ended up shooting 70% free throws at the end, which isn't too shabby for me. Like I said, never made it to the bikes, but I was tired enough, and hadn't had too much food prior to going to Dixon, so I needed to go home and eat some lunch.

Oh and speaking of Dixon, right before leaving, I weighed myself at 235, so I've lost another 5 pounds in the last 10 days. Of course I did weigh myself right after shooting hoops for 2 hours, but I didn't lose all that much water from just shooting, and I also had eaten a little bit before hand, plus a water bottle worth of water in me, plus my clothes (no shoes). I'd say that's pretty close to what I'd weigh in the morning after waking up. But what's important is keeping the time of my weigh ins consistent, so if I stick to after a workout in the late morning/early afternoon, should be a good way to tell how much I lose. Nonetheless, it feels great to have seen my weight continue to drop. I can see 220 pretty close already. My goal is to reach that weight by my birthday, but I bet I could be that weight by May. Once I reach my target weight, I'll evaluate where I'm at and see if I can create a new goal for my birthday in June, even if it's just an extra 5 pounds or so, anything would be great.

Haven't finished up those P90X workouts yet, but it'll happen when it happens. I'm still staying pretty active with running, as well as other ways of exercise, that I'm not concerned. It's the staying idle for 2 months that's dangerous, not postponing a couple workouts due to being tired from running and going to the gym.

Tomorrow I start up my third week of running, which will be similar to before, but now it'll be 5 intervals of 3 minute jogging, with 2 minute walking breaks. My last run ended up going for 2.86 miles, so I figure I can break 3 tomorrow. I've gradually increased my mileage on every single run, even by just 0.1 mile or so, which is great. Obviously if I increase my time running, I'll be traveling farther, but even throughout the week, I'll increase each run's distance. So I'll have my week 3 runs tomorrow, Friday, and Sunday, and then will have week 4 runs (days 1 and 2) on Tuesday and Thursday, and will then have my 5k run in albany on that Saturday, the 17th. Definitely won't be ready to run it all, but I'm sure we'll figure out a good running/walking pattern to finish it off. I'd love to finish it in under 30 minutes, which I think is possible, but I really don't know right now. I'm hoping by summer to be able to do the July 4th 5k in around 20 minutes. I'd love to say sub 20, but I'm positive that that'll be a little too ambitious for now. But hey, who knows, we'll just have to see. But I've got a 5k in 11 days, and I'm looking forward to, and will be able to see where I really am with a 5k, and able to see how far I've come when it's July.

Banana chips, the bane of my existence. I bought some at Trader Joes the other day, and they're soooo addicting. 160 calories for a 1/4 cup of them, which is a ton of calories for so little. Luckily I have them in a closed container, and only eat a couple at a time, so I actually have to work to get into them. But I've been doing well with my food log, usually 1800-2400 calories, which is where I should be. But when I get to that upper range, I definitely feel like I should eat less. So I'm working on finding foods that fill me the best, and I think foods high in protein usually make me feel the most full (while keeping less calories going into my body). So tuna, eggs, and cottage cheese have entered my diet a bit more.

And to finish things off, I finished Mossflower (second book in the Redwall series, prelude to Redwall), and I started The Fellowship of the Ring tonight. And that's it - I'm tired and going to bed, at 11 pm. Stay fancy; please, stay fancy.

No comments:

Post a Comment