Saturday, March 10, 2012

What a Rough Day (Friday)

So as I had posted on Facebook, I delayed my blog from last night to this morning/early afternoon because I was just so exhausted. And this is how things went.

So went to bed pretty early Tuesday night as my last blog post indicated, before midnight. Amazing for me. Wednesday I went out for my Week 3 Day 1 run, which is 3 minute jogging, 5 intervals, with 2 minutes in between. I was aiming for 3 miles, but the this week is proving to be tough on me, and I managed 2.92 miles. It probably doesn't help that Tuesday I was at Dixon for 2 hours on Tuesday, so my legs were fairly fatigued from that still. Now, I got some running Smartwool socks Tuesday night, so I tried them on for my run on Wednesday, and dear lord they were amazing. My shoes don't fit me perfectly (will be getting a nice pair of running shoes during Spring Break) and after the basketball on Tuesday, I noticed that my heels got pretty beat up, so I was afraid I might develop a blister on my left heel from my run. Luckily, the Smartwool socks did their job, and they cushioned my feet perfectly. Will be buying more of these things!

But then on Thursday I went to Dixon again, with Nick, and we played basketball for a bit, but then ended up on bikes while watching the last 10 minutes of the OSU/UW basketball game (quarterfinals of the Pac-12 Tournament). And naturally, those 10 minutes lasted 40 minutes, so that was 40 minutes on the bike. Exhausted me more than I thought, and I got back home 3 hours after leaving to go to the gym, so once again, I was pretty fatigued again. But my run yesterday was weird. I felt as if I had plenty of energy as I was doing my warm up (5 minute walk) so I went a bit harder on my first interval. BIG mistake. I really screwed myself over, and I struggled for the rest of the run. On my last interval, with 1 minute left, I actually had to start walking, because I just couldn't run another step. Then the first minute of my cool down, I ended up running to make up for it, but still. It was a huge struggle. And I ended up at 2.81 miles, which went down from Wednesday. However, I also didn't walk as long for my cool down (I keep up my Runkeeper app until I make it back to my apt, so if I'm a block away and my podcast finishes, then I walk that extra block, etc.). So I ended up improving my average pace by 2 seconds I think (not much, but it technically was an improvement). I guess there was some good news from that run - but I sure as hell had a rough time out there, considering I actually had to stop running at the end.

Then after some rest, doing some laundry, reading more Fellowship (about 110 pages in already, I really love this book), I went to Dixon to watch the OSU/Arizona game in the semifinals on a tv there (by the way, we lost horribly. Lead by 7 at half time, and then one of the worst second halves ever. We were 1/16 for field goals at one point) with Ryan and Nick, and got there about 20 minutes prior to tip off. So I decided to do a bit of interval training on a bike. Got in about 12 minutes of 2-2 minute intervals. Definitely felt the workout, but I had to stop for the game. After the game, I then did an extra 25 minutes of intervals + cool down, but I did 1-2 this time (being 1 minute intense, 2 minutes moderate) which I prefer as it's been a while since I did lots of cardio. But let me tell you, I was so tired and exhausted last night, I just never got around to the blog, and just went to sleep. So here I am, writing it at 1:00 PM, still fatigued as hell. But it was worth it.

In other news, I'll be returning back to the Zoo for work, which is always good to know that I've got my job back. And in about an hour, I'm leaving for Monmouth and going to hang out with my good friend Greg (which I know via the Zoo)! Very excited. And luckily, I can just relax all day, because my body sure as hell needs it before my run tomorrow. I should be wrapping up, so I can prepare to venture over to Monmouth. Stay fancy everybody, each and every one of you.

1 comment:

  1. congrats on getting the job! and aw, i love that you and greg are hanging out! team chreg :) say hi to him for me!

    ReplyDelete