Sunday, April 8, 2012

Second Week of the Term - Now it's Time to Start

To explain the title of this post, I didn't make it to class at all last week, which sucked, big time. I was getting ready to go to class Monday morning, and then bam, my stomach hit me bad, and there was no way I'd be making it to class, and then I got really sick throughout the week (combination of the stomach flu and my cold). Now, it's time to get back into classes. My last couple of terms have been awful, and I haven't been proud of them at all; rather ashamed to be honest. And I hate myself for it. I really dislike using the word hate, but in this case, it really does apply. So I'm really going to apply myself this term - who knows, it could be my first 4.0 term of college! Hah, yeah right. But hell, I'll try. I need this bad, because I've been on a slippery slope for a while now. Just need to get some momentum going again! So tomorrow is a big day for me, as it's finally get back into school, and taking things very seriously. I can't afford to make any mistakes now. And I figured out my finals schedule, which is important since I'll have Zoo Camp training that week (probably Friday/Saturday of that week - June 15/16) as well as my birthday being on that Friday (June 15). So I've got 1 final on Monday morning at 9:30, then on Tuesday, a final at 7:30 AM (UGH) and then at 9:30 AM (MORE UGH), and finally one at 9:30 AM on Wednesday. An interesting schedule! I don't mind the 9:30 finals, but I don't really like the 7:30 followed by another right afterwards. But that means that I'll be back in time for training (assuming it is on the 15) and I'll be able to be back home for my birthday (probably for June 15, get the Zoo crew to go to Sylvan Saloon or McMenamins after training is done for that day - remember, it'll be my 21st birthday). Anyways, moving on.

I'm going to attempt to run tomorrow morning, prior to classes. If I can't do the two intervals of 12 minutes, then I'll just do what I can without killing myself, and try to at least get 30+ minutes of activity in. We'll see what happens, but I would love to get back into a running routine again, I just don't know if my lung capacity can handle it while still having a bit of a cold. If I don't do very well, I might throw in some weights in the evening, and continue that until I can run 100% of my intervals, slowly building up to it again. Whatever.

I forgot to mention! I got new running shoes! My brother and I went to Foot Traffic (in LO) to get me some new, good running shoes. Tried out quite a few, tested them out for a bit, and it came down to a pair of Asics for $140, that have a very nice gel cushion in the shoe. I decided to go with this shoe because of my weak ankles (from my many, many sprains), I need to lessen the impact if possible when landing on my foot, so the gel helps support it better, and also will last longer. And since my brother used to work at Foot Traffic, he got me 30% off, so it came out to be $98 which is awesome. Of course, I only got to run in them for 1 mile last Monday, and then a mile and a half of walking. A shame, but hopefully tomorrow will be different. (Note: The following picture is what my shoes look like)

On Saturday morning, I went to Dixon with Ryan and Nick, and the only real reason I went was to get out of the apartment finally, as well as get a weigh in after Spring Break/working and then being sick. I weighed in at 225 prior to working out, and 223 afterwards (which is usually when I've been weighing myself, but I'd rather consider myself 225, especially coming off of the stomach flu, so it's possible I might gain some weight back actually). So there's another 5 pounds off, and I'm now on my last notch of my big belt, so soon enough at this rate, I'll be making a new notch! While at Dixon, spent 25 minutes on a bike at a medium intensity, and then watched Nick and Ryan play some basketball (definitely wasn't up to playing). Then afterwards just shot hoops with them. After a couple hours at Dixon, went to the covered bridge with Nick to look at some native plants for a project of his. While there found 2 garter snakes (one of which he picked up, and then dropped because he got freaked out), and also found tons of deer tracks by the creek. Apparently today he went again and saw 3 deer. What a lucky duck he is. I ended the day at 20.8k steps on my pedometer, always nice after being inside all week.

And on a completely unhealthy sidenote, I went to this French bakery at about Circle and Highland (right next to Market of Choice) in Corvallis with Hannah, and wow, what a meal. I had a chicken crepe that was delicious, and even better was a vegetarian hot sandwich and salad - the sandwich had bell peppers cooked in garlic and olive oil, with melted brie cheese and some basalmic vinigar dressing on it as well. It cost $12.50 but it basically filled me up all day long. I'll be going back to try out one of their sweet crepes for breakfast sometime - nutella and cream with banana. I can't wait. (Note: My crepe looked nothing like the picture)

It's funny how easily I get filled up now, as well as how long I'm satisfied for. For breakfast today I had probably around 200 calories of greek yogurt and granola with tea, then lunch (which was a ton, and I was so stuffed I barely could drink any water after the meal). Then some chocolate in the early evening, some tea, a slice of French bread, and a cup of juice throughout the evening. And that's it. And I've been full all day long. Most of my days have been 1200-1400 calories once my stomach stopped aching from the stomach flu. Crazy. I've even personally been eating more sugar, just because I haven't been able to eat as many calories from filling up so easily. We'll see if this continues at all once I start routinely running and working out again.

I think that's about it for now, I swear I had one more thing to talk about, but oh well. I at least covered quite a bit. Well until next time, stay fancy.


No comments:

Post a Comment