Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Back in the Game

There's a perfectly good reason why I haven't been posting... Well... Erm... I was working! For whatever reason, and I don't know if other people that were working Spring camp experienced this, but it was the most tiring week of my life. Three summers, a winter camp, and this being my second spring camp, and this was the most tiring of them all. It may have been partially due to my whole camp staff were feeling sick by the end of the week, but who knows. Well on top of that, I started feeling quite sick on Sunday night, and even worse Monday morning. I still wanted to tough it out and go for a run, but afterwards, my stomach started to really bother me. And then later in the night, I realized I had the stomach flu, which sucks. So now Wednesday afternoon, and I'm still recovering from it. It hasn't been awful to me, but mainly just lots of stomach aches and it's been hard to eat much. Like yesterday I ate a sandwich, an apple, some ginger ale, and jello, and I was STUFFED the entire day. This morning? I had a cup of juice and once again, I felt as if I just ate a huge meal. And it's been making me feel bloated as well. My stomach has just not been doing so well the last few days.

Since my last post, I went on a few runs, my second 8 minute interval run was pretty tough, but my final 8 minute interval run went pretty well. And my first 12 minute interval run (Week 6 Day 1) was also quite tough, but that was Tuesday after work, and that was after training on Friday/Saturday, run on Sunday, Monday plus overtime doing aftercare (7:45 AM - 6:15PM roughly) and then naturally work on Tuesday as I mentioned. So it wasn't my breathing and cardiovascular system that was giving up, it was actually my legs, because my legs were just so damned tired. So because of that, I then ended up taking Thursday off from running, and decided to continue on Saturday. Finished up the week of camp, was a blast. Also worked aftercare 3 times, which got me some nice overtime, since I need the money at the moment. Ran on Saturday and wow, what a run. That was Week 6 Day 2, two intervals of 12 minutes with a 3 minute walk break in between. I'm not really sure what pace my run intervals were at, I ended up traveling 3.57 miles with an average pace of 10:44 which is my longest run and fastest pace as well. My overall running pace was probably between 9-9:30 per mile. That's pretty awesome considering my fastest mile was back in Freshman year of HS at 7:58, and if my running pace of ~3 miles is just a little slower than that, I could I could do so much better now. I did figure out on one of my week 5 runs that my first mile that I ran was about 8 minute mile pace, so I bet I could hit 7 minutes no problem by now. I'll test that out after this podcast series is done though.

Now on Monday, I started to run, but only made it out about a mile, and walked back, as I just felt way too crummy to go on a serious run. And boy am I glad I didn't continue, because the rest of my day was pretty shitty. It consisted of stomach aches, a bad fever with chills, a day long headache, and more. I'm just glad to be recovering from it all now. I would have been scheduled to run today, but I'm obviously not quite well enough, but hopefully by Friday. I'm interested to see what my weight is like now, after the stomach flu, and also a week and a half of being at home (I naturally eat a bit more when I'm back home, but I did better this time) while working and keeping up my running, as well as a few jump rope workouts.

Oh and if you were wondering at all, I finished P90X a while back, just forgot to mention it. It was only a couple last workouts though, so no big deal. One of these days this week I'll be starting up some weights, whether it's following the routine of P90X or not, I just want to include some weights, and stay a bit active as soon as my body can handle it.

And I apoloize if some of this post was me just rambling, that's what happens when I'm not feeling too well. Going to walk downtown now to go deposit a check, and hopefully the activity will make me feel a bit better; I just need to do something. Stay fancy.

No comments:

Post a Comment