Wednesday, April 11, 2012

An Uneventful Week

Wednesday night at the moment, and it's a pretty "chill" week.

Monday I attempted to run, and it went... not great. I got going for almost a mile at a pretty fast pace (I thought I'd manage it but before I knew it, my body died) and then had to walk for a couple minutes, ran for a bit more to finish off the first 12 minute interval, and then walked for a recovery. Then ran for maybe 4 more minutes of the next interval, maybe 6, and that was all I could really manage at the time. Nonetheless, it was better than I faired last Monday when I first started feeling ill.

Today's run went much smoother, as I was able to completely finish each running interval (of 12 minutes). It was tough, and I had to take it at a pretty slow pace (slower than I ran it in Lake Oswego, which contains hills), but I finished it, and that's what is important. I'll do this run one more time on Friday, and then if I managed alright, then I'll move on to Week 7 on Sunday. Week 7 is still 12 minute intervals, however instead of just 2, it moves up to 3, so it becomes 36 minutes of running rather than the 24 I've been doing. It's just about building up endurance, so that third interval will sure be tough.

School has been going well so far. I've got a two hour break from 12-2 on Tuesdays and Thursdays, so I'll be spending that time in the library, finishing up homework, so that I can spend more time at home, doing whatever the hell I want to. I usually have a couple math assignments due each week, as well as weekly genetics, and with 3-4 hours of time each week, that will cut down the work that I have to do back at home, which is always nice. Plus, I'm trying to create better studying/work habits, so I'll be trying to get things done earlier than I usually do. For instance, I have math homework due Saturday, so naturally, I'll work on it tomorrow, to free up my weekend. In terms of how my classes are going, they're not too bad. I wish I had a more fun class, but I need to focus on my academics at the moment, which is far more important than a fun class. However, I'm really enjoying my Invertebrate Biology class, just because I finally get to learn about animals, and nothing but animals. Something I thoroughly enjoy. Not that I'm too fond of invertebrates, but it's better than stupid plants.

Sunday was Easter, which naturally means, I now have Easter candy. Sweets that my dad gave me, as well as some candy that I bought for 25% from Fred Meyer. Luckily it's been alright to eat the candy, since I still haven't been eating all that much, although my eating habits have become a bit more normal in comparison to my constant 1200 calorie days like before. Today has been about 1500 calories, but that's because I only had a banana for breakfast, as I was trying to get out on my run as soon as possible in the morning, and then had pasta and a small protein shake afterwards which has kept me pretty full for the majority of the day. However, even though I have been eating less, even with the extra sugar, I don't like how much sugar I'm taking in. So after my sweet supply is gone, I'll be lowering my sugar intake greatly, and that way, if I still need extra calories, I can get them from better, or more natural sources rather than just chocolate.

I'd say that's it for now, so stay fancy.

No comments:

Post a Comment